Sunday 17 January 2010

Sarah - Part 2

Somewhere around about the time Kurt Cobain died it had turned out that being the only Nirvana fan in my year I was suddenly very popular. Strange to think that someone killing themselves is a reason why people start to like you or even think that you're interesting but that's how it was.

Being a few years younger than everyone else it turned out that people who looked up to their big brothers and sisters who liked grunge always thought I was very mature (stupid I know, and I did at the time). Sarah was one of those people and even though me and Sarah met after a few years later it still seemed to have an effect.

So Sarah thought I was great because I could play Smells Like Teen Spirit and Rape Me on a guitar (they're practically the same song and the only Nirvana ones I could play back then). This was one of the ways we ended up hanging out. We always ran into each other down the music department when she was there for a lesson and I was playing the music department's shitty nylon strung accoustics.

No comments:

Post a Comment