Friday 16 October 2009

Maria - Part 1

Maria was my first girlfriend. Not the first girl I kissed but the first girl I actually went out with. It didn't last long and almost didn't get beyond the first date but that her cousin was in my class at school and that's how I saw her again.

It was at a party when I was thirteen. My brother was in a band with a guy from his school and his brother had a flat in the town centre. We went there on a Friday night and like a lot of parties there were a few girls there too. I was blind drunk (my trick in those days was to down a quarter bottle of vodka have a great time for about an hour then throw up all over myself) and over I went with the not so great chat up line "Will you face me."

My brother had actually spotted Maria and wanted to ask her out but I was quicker getting to her. His chat up line might have been better but he never got the chance to use it as Maria said yes to mine.

Not much happened after that. We chatted for a bit and she had to go home. I stayed the night as I was too drunk and my parents being split up offered me a great excuse for where I was the night before:

"At dad's," (to mum).
"At mum's" (to dad).

The next day I was supposed to play rugby. I slept in.

No comments:

Post a Comment