Sunday 13 September 2009

Sophie - Part 1

When I met Sophie I was at college. Sophie was dating another guy but it was long distance (one of those long distance relationships some people are in when they first go to college). Like most long distance relationships it was in the process of breaking up. Sophie and her boyfriend had been better than some and managed to keep it going beyond the first semester.

They way I met her was that I used to sit out in front of my block in halls of residence. The phones were all in my block so every once in a while I'd hear one ring and answer it. Then I'd have to go and get the person that was being called for.

On this particular occasion it was Sophie's boyfriend.

When I spoke to her on the intercom she came straight out and headed over with me to my block to get the call.

Afterwards she thanked me and went back to her own dorm. I sat reading my book for a while.

It would be two months before we met again.

No comments:

Post a Comment